Octopus Garden is a vibrant and inclusive health centre offering resources to inspire the return to our natural state of being whole. We believe in an honest, authentic connection with our students and we value teaching with kindness and respect. These principles are the foundation of our mission – to provide a safe space for inquiry, practice, community and healing.
At Octopus Garden Holistic Yoga Centre:
- We celebrate diversity by honouring each member of our community regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, financial status, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or physical limitation.
- We treat all students with respect.
- We create a safe space for our students.
- We teach in a way that supports the health, development and well-being of each student.
- We support our fellow teachers and work to sustain the core values of our community as it evolves and expands.
- We refrain from acting in any way that might cause harm to ourselves or others.
- We strive to teach with integrity and to the best of our abilities; we maintain a healthy, focused, intelligent practice in order to teach deeply and clearly from personal experience.
- We honestly acknowledge the limitations of our own knowledge and skills as teachers. We ask for help when we need it; when necessary we encourage our students to seek alternative treatments and/or professional advice.
- We live and teach in a way that is harmonious with the principles of yoga.