Octopus Garden is a vibrant and inclusive health centre offering resources to inspire the return to our natural state of being whole. We believe in an honest, authentic connection with our students and we value teaching with kindness and respect. These principles are the foundation of our mission – to provide a safe space for inquiry, practice, community and healing.
At Octopus Garden Holistic Yoga Centre:
- We will celebrate diversity by honouring each student regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, financial status, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or physical limitation.
- We will treat all students with respect.
- We will create a safe space for our students.
- We will teach in a way that supports the health, development and well-being of each student.
- We will support our fellow teachers and will work to sustain the core values of our community as it evolves and expands.
- We will refrain from acting in any way that might cause harm to ourselves or others.
- We will strive to teach with integrity and to the best of our abilities; we will maintain a healthy, focused, intelligent practice in order to teach deeply and clearly from personal experience.
- We will honestly acknowledge the limitations of our own knowledge and skills as teachers. We will ask for help when we need it; when necessary we will encourage our students to seek alternative treatments and/or professional advice.
- We will live and teach in a way that is harmonious with the principles of yoga.