Liberation Lounge is flying the coop and migrating to southern Thailand’s breathtaking Khao Sok National Park for a week of organic freestyle vinyasa yoga deep in the jungle. Our destination is a wildlife sanctuary in the world’s oldest evergreen forest, and your home for the week is a floating bamboo hut on a pristine freshwater lake encircled by soaring limestone cliffs.
Our plan is to practice in concert with nature and to weave the many strands of yoga together with live music by Scott Peterson and Jay Andrews. In addition to exploring a fluid and dynamic asana practice, you can expect to delve deeply into the richness of yogic philosophy, mantra, pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, and nada yoga, the practice of deep inner listening.
Daily life will revolve around open-air yoga classes with YuMee Chung (supported by assistant Lucy Panko) in a floating yoga studio, delicious organic meals, Thai-style bodywork, bathing in the lake, kayaking, jungle trekking, caving, stargazing, and connecting deeply to the rhythms of nature. The goal is to unplug and go deep in one of the most breathtaking places on earth. Though this retreat is conveniently located in the middle of nowhere—remote, off-grid and totally wild—we’ll be sure to care for you in all the ways that matter.
- 7-nights waterfront accommodation in a floating bungalow
- 3 daily meals, snacks, tea and coffee
- Morning and afternoon yoga and meditation sessions each day set to live music
- Transport from Surat Thani airport (both ground transport and longboat)
- Jungle hike and caving excursion with a local guide
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Fresh young coconuts and soda
Jungle Yoga, as its name implies, is located in the heart of the Klong Long Wildlife Sanctuary of Khao Sok National Park, 2 hours by car from Phuket, Koh Samui, Krabi, Railay Beach, or 1 hour from Surat Thani. It is here where you can tap into the ancient pulse of long days, easy nights and the salve of nature.
Rooms and Rates
Each waterfront bungalow has a traditional thatch roof, hand-woven bamboo walls, split bamboo floors, a small deck, and one double bed. All bungalows are connected by bridge walkways. All room rates are per person.
- Single room with ensuite bathroom (king bed): $2250 USD
- Single room with shared bathroom (king bed): $1750 USD
- Shared room with ensuite bathroom (king bed or two double beds): $1850 USD
- Shared room with shared bathroom (king bed only): $1450 USD
How to Book
To reserve your spot, please contact . Your spot will be confirmed with a $500 USD non-refundable deposit payable to our travel agent and Travel Industry Council of Ontario representative:
Cathy Wassermann, Wassermann Retreats an affiliate of Vision Travel Solutions, TICO 50023504
328 Guelph Street, Georgetown ON L7G 4B5
Balance to be paid in full by January 31, 2020. We strongly suggest that you invest in travel insurance for your trip to ensure peace of mind.
Things to Know Before You Book
- The yoga will be flowing, dancerly and creative. This is not a retreat for absolute beginners
- Our venue has absolutely no cell phone service and no wifi
- Electricity is limited and headlamps are needed after sundown
- There is no air conditioning and no hair dryers. The jungle is 5-star, the facilities are rustic
- The bungalows are open air and you will likely encounter harmless insects and animals
- The lake is virtually mosquito free (yay!) but the jungle is not
- You will be afloat the entire week so you must be comfortable in and around water
- This is a dry retreat
We will pick you up at Surat Thani Airport (URT) on Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 9:05 am. We recommend you fly Thai Air/Thai Smile WE251 from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) as it is the only airline that flies directly from the Bangkok International Airport. The other airlines fly from the domestic airport and will require a transfer between airports. That being said, if you are budget conscious you can fly Air Asia, Nok Air and Lion Air—just be sure to give yourself lots of time to get between airports.
If you arrive in Bangkok early, you may want to sleep near the Suvarnabhumi airport to make the early flight to Surat Thani. If it fits your budget, enjoy your first night at the Novotel airport hotel or Le Meridien Suvarnabhumi. The Meridien is more “splashy” and just a short taxi or shuttle ride from the airport. It has a beautiful pool. For the budget conscious we recommend a basic overnight airport hotel such as the Cottage Suvarnabhumi. It is very reasonable with excellent service including a 24-hour free airport shuttle service.
We will drop you off at the Surat Thani airport by 8.30 am on departure day, in time to meet WE252 to Bangkok departing at 9.35 am and arriving at 10.55 am. For those travelling in the south of Thailand, Surat Thani airport is an excellent portal for bus/ ferry combinations to the Gulf islands like Samui or onwards to Krabi/Phuket.