The Sacred Flow of Pregnancy, Birth & Parenthood
Learn how to support women through mindful, evidence-based yoga practices for pregnancy, birth and beyond. Nicky Poole is a highly sought after Pre- and Post- Natal specialist in Toronto who facilitates trainings that weave together science and soul. This training is an essential for any yoga teacher or movement specialist who works with women and wants to learn how to hold space in a compassionate and educated way.
Who will benefit from this training?
Anyone who teaches and treats women at any stage of their life cycle will benefit from the knowledge shared in this program. This training is open to movement and yoga teachers who have completed a 200-hour certification, body therapists, and birth professionals.
What skills will I learn during the program?
- The syllabus is integrative in it’s focus and includes physical alignment, changes to the systems of a woman body during pregnancy, labour and delivery, specific therapeutic movement techniques, adaptive yoga techniques, breathing tools, trauma-sensitive practices, energetic alignment and embodiment, and meditation and concentration techniques for birth preparation and labour, in order to provide a wide scope of tools to use in your practice.
- There is a strong focus on developing critical thinking skills, by learning to adapt what you already know as a movement professional to confidently assist pregnant women in prenatal and general yoga classes.
- We practice communication and teaching skills with detailed and clear feedback from classmates and teachers. There is a lot of student-led presentations and teaching practice designed to build your confidence and find your most effective teaching style.
- Use the most up to date scientific research around pregnancy, birth, and movement to deliver accurate information to your clients.
- Develop a referral network of professionals to assist you in providing holistic and integrative treatment to pregnant women and clearly understand your scope of practice as a movement teacher.
Part One 15 hours
- Pregnancy and Birth through different cultural, social and historical lenses
- What are the changes to the cardiovascular, respiratory, musculoskeletal, hormonal system in pregnancy?
- Pelvic Floor muscles
- Anatomy of the Female Pelvis
- Exercise guidelines for pregnancy
- Adapting regular classes to pregnant students
- How to teach and adapt Sun Salutations for Pregnancy
- Trimester modifications and enhancements for blueprint yoga postures
- Restorative Yoga for pregnancy
- Teaching meditation, pelvic floor awareness, and breathing techniques for pregnancy
- Dates: September 29 to Ocotber 1, 2017
- Time: Friday 6:00-7:00pm; Saturday/Sunday 10:00-5:00pm
- Cost: $350 +HST