We need your help! Please nominate our studio in NOW’s Best of Toronto. Free hugs for those who nominate us! (8 limbs make for a great hug…)
Please note the following changes to our drop-in schedule over the Victoria Day long weekend. All of our regularly scheduled classes will be held as usual, except for the following cancellations:
Monday May 20
All Levels at 7:00am
All Levels at 8:30pm
This long weekend, we’d love to have you join Pat, Scott, John, Jesse, and our 200-Hour Teacher Trainees in their final day of the program for a very special Drop-In Self-Practice on Monday May 20!
300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training
Part One of our 300-hour program is set to start this June! We are currently accepting applications. Interested to learn more about the 300-hour program? Come and take a class on us. Practice with one of the program directors and hang around after class for an informal meet and greet. Here are the open classes for potential teacher trainees:
- Wednesday, May 15 at 10:00am – Therapeutics with Scott
- Monday, May 27 at 6:00pm – Level 2 with Pat
The 200-Hour Fundamentals Program is scheduled for September 2013 and we are now accepting applications! If you have any questions about the upcoming Fall program, please or call us at 416.515.8885.
Contact or directly if you need more detailed information about either of these programs.
The final days of our spring drop-in schedule are nearing. In the spirit of rejuvenation (what spring is all about!) we wanted to give you a sneak-peek at our summer drop-in schedule, effective June 1.
- We are offering All Levels classes Monday through Friday at 7:00am. Start your day with a practice in the morning light. Teaching the 7:00am All Levels on Friday is Lisa Mitchell. Lisa is a graduate of our 300-hour program and we are delighted to welcome her to our teaching staff.
- Wednesdays, 10:00am All Levels Community Class. Join a rotating teaching roster of Yoga Education alumni on Wednesday mornings. Each class will be different, but the cost will remain the same…just $5 plus tax! (And members attend for free!)
- Wednesdays, 10:00am Level 2 with Christine. 90 minutes with Christine will allow you to deepen your practice through creative and challenging sequences.
- Wednesdays, 7:30pm Tensegrity with Jesse. A class that will bring the Tensegrity series to life. Explore your range of motion and healthy patterns of movement in this unique class, ideal for those recovering from injuries and imbalances in the body.
- Thursdays, 1:00pm Restorative with Kim. A mid-day restorative class is just the trick to round out your work week!
Internationally respected peace activist, author, and Zen master, Thich Nhat Hanh, one of the most loved and renowned mindfulness teachers in the world, is coming to Toronto for the first time in 20 years this August — a unique opportunity to experience in person one of the world’s great spiritual leaders.
The 86-year-old monk, who the NY Times says “…ranks second only to the Dalai Lama,” will give a public talk at Toronto’s Sony Centre on August 17, 2013. The theme is The Present Moment: Wisdom for Global Peace and Happiness. He will teach how people can use mindfulness to bring peace and happiness to themselves, those around them, and the world.
As of June 1, you will be able to purchase tickets at the Octopus Garden reception desk. Please note: ticket types and quantities will be limited.
For more details on the event, visit: tnhtoronto.ca
First time visitors to Octopus Garden will receive a complimentary week of unlimited drop-in yoga classes.
That’s right, your first week at Octopus Garden will be free! Study yoga, believe in your capacity for change, and see what happens!
One of the benefits of being a Member at Octopus Garden is a 15-minute Initial Consultation. This consultation allows you to meet with us one-on-one in order to discuss your needs and intentions for practice. We are looking forward to getting to know each one of you individually, and the Initial Consultation represents a first step in this process.
The Initial Consultation is available to people who have signed up for our $90-a-month Membership Program. To learn more about the benefits of Membership, please visit our Services page.
Before you book a time for your Initial Consultation, please fill out and submit a short, on-line questionnaire. This questionnaire will allow us to serve you more effectively when you come in to meet with us.
To book your Initial Consultation, look at our appointments schedule and select an available time.